CSGN Woodland Expansion Steering Group
Formed in November 2012, the CSGN Woodland Expansion Steering Group provides technical advice and support to the CSGN (Central Scotland Green Network) Woodland Creation Programme.
This multi-agency group advises on the overall direction of work streams generated by the Programme to reach the woodland creation milestones set out in the Central Scotland Green Network Work Plan (2012 – 2015).
The Group will support the Programme to:
- identify where the best opportunities are for tree planting in the CSGN area in the context of other land-based objectives;
- investigate new mechanisms for tree planting;
- stimulate woodland creation so as to secure multiple benefits across the CSGN area.
The Group is made up of suitably-experienced representatives from the public, private and third sector.
- Richard Smith: Team Leader (Biodiversity & Natural Heritage), Fife Council
- Andrew Campbell: Woodland Creation Manager, Woodland Trust Scotland
- Stuart Chalmers: District Forester, Scottish Lowlands Forest District, FCS
- Robert Clamp: Planning Forester, Scottish Lowlands Forest District, FCS
- Craig Dinwoodie: Forestry Consultant, Watston Forestry
- Mark Hamilton: Independent Consultant, Mark Hamilton Landscaping Services
- Sasha Laing: Development Officer, FCS Central Scotland Conservancy
- Virginia Harden Scott (Secretariat): CSGN Woodland Creation Development Officer, Central Scotland Green Network Trust
- Peter Jones: SAC consulting
- David Galloway: Development Officer (East), FCS Central Scotland Conservancy
- Julie Paton (Secretariat): CSGN Woodland Creation Programme Manager, FCS Central Scotland Conservancy
- Eamonn Wall: Woodland Architect & Arboricultural Consultant, Eamonn Wall & Co
- Guy Watt (Chair): Independent Consultant, John Clegg Consulting Ltd
- Ron Wilson: Senior Lecturer, School of GeoScience, University of Edinburgh (Research Interests: Effects of government policy on farming systems). Runs a small upland farm in South Lanarkshire.
- Keith Wishart: Conservator, FCS Central Scotland Conservancy
- Douglas Worrall: Head of Forest Delivery, Central Scotland Forest Trust
Meeting papers and minutes
The Group meet quarterly. After each meeting, the relevant papers and presentations will be made available for download. Minutes will be posted on approval by the subsequent meeting.
New Lanarkshire Council case study
Find out how new woodland creation has helped North Lanarkshire Council to establish its own woodfuel supply, improve recreational facilities, support wildlife, reduce its grass-cutting portfolio and contribute to the delivery of targets across the Council.
For more information on the Central Scotland Green Network visit: www.centralscotlandgreennetwork.org
Virginia Harden Scott
Woodland Creation Development Officer
Central Scotland Green Network Trust
Tel: 01501 824197