Register of felling licence applications
This Register contains details of Felling Licence applications in Scotland. In Scotland, only Felling Licence applications are displayed on this Register. Felling taking place under Forest Plans or Forest District Design Plans is displayed on the Register of Grant Schemes and Felling.
Information displayed on the register of felling licence applications
The Register of Felling Licence Applications shows:
- Case reference number (with link to Application Details screen)
- Property name
- Case type (currently only Felling Licence Applications)
- Total Area
- Broadleaf area
- Conifer area
- Local Authority
- Nearest Town
- Grid reference (with link to map browser)
- End date = last day to send us your comments/Licence expiry date for approved Licences
How to use this Register
When you access this Register, you’ll see a map of Scotland that shows Conservancy boundaries. Click within any one of these areas to start a search of cases within that area.
Alternatively, you can use the text boxes at the left of this web page. The only “Case Type” currently available is “Felling Licence Application”. However you can search by Local Authority by using the drop down list available or by Property Name
The list of cases appears at the bottom of the screen
What you can do with the list of cases
- Click on the Grid Reference to view the mapped area on the FCS Map Browser
- Click on Case Reference to get the “Application Details” screen – this gives more detail about the case including Woodland Officer and relevant key dates such as when the consultation period ends
On the Application Details screen, you can also:
- View Case Documents –click to see a copy of the application details as submitted (please note that applicant and agent details are not shown). Other documents relevant to the application may also be listed here
- View map – click to view the proposed operations on the FCS Map Browser
Please note that this button is not active at present. To view the map please go to View Case Documents and open up the map from there
- Comment on this application - Click on this link to open the comments screen. In addition to your comments you must also give your contact details. You may also upload any documents to support your comments
As part of the approval process we consider all comments received, in consultation with the applicant and, if appropriate, the application may be amended or rejected.
Please remember to click on the Submit comment button
When do applications appear on the Register?
Only details of those cases that the Forestry Commission is prepared to approve are displayed on the Register. These cases are marked as "Public Consultation”. Details are again displayed when we approve the application and the status changes to "Active Licence”.
Applications appear on this Register as soon as they reach the Consultation stage and so the list is updated on a daily basis. Details about individual cases are displayed on t his Register for 28 days. Forestry Commission Scotland (FCS) welcomes comments about applications during this period.
Applications on private land
Please note that most applications are for work that will take place on private land and you may need permission to enter the area even if the case is listed on this Register.