South Scotland forestry forum
- December 2015 meeting (PDF 44KB)
- March 2015 meeting (PDF 45KB)
- November 2014 meeting (PDF 55KB)
- June 2014 meeting (PDF)
- March 2014 meeting (PDF)
- December 2013 meeting (PDF)
- August 2013 meeting (PDF 68KB)
- March 2013 meeting (PDF 80KB)
- September 2012 meeting (PDF 46KB)
- May 2012 meeting (PDF 45KB)
- February 2012 meeting
- September 2011 meeting
- March 2011 meeting
- November 2010 meeting
Chair: Sir Pat Hunter Blair (Maybole)
- Landowner of mixed Estate in Ayrshire
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Foresters (ICF),
- Former Director of Policy and Standards for the Forest Service of Northern Ireland’s Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Board member of Scottish Natural Heritage (2007-2013)
- Chairman of the River Girvan District Salmon Fishery Board.
- Trustee, Ayrshire Rivers Trust
- Director, Ayrshire woodfuels Ltd
- Director Scotland’s Finest Woodlands Award
Christopher Badenoch (Kelso)
- Ex Operations Manager, Lothians and Borders, SNH.
- 50 years management experience in agriculture, nature conservation, game management and forestry.
- Founding reporter of Farming & Wildlife Group Scotland.
- Founder & Director of Tweed Forum.
- Ex-member of Forest Regional Advisory Committee, South Scotland.
- Ex-member of National Forest Land Scheme Panel.
- Ex-judge of Scotland’s Finest Woodland Awards.
- Former President Royal Scottish Forestry Society.
Dr Roddy Fairley (Moniaive)
- Portfolio Manager in SNH with particular oversight of Biodiversity Action
- Director of the National Biodiversity Network Trust and Director and Chair of the Cairnhead Community Forest Trust.
- BSc, PhD in forestry/ecology related science
- Professional and personal interest in environmental justice and social inclusion.
Martin Craig (Jedburgh)
- District Manager, Tilhill, Eskdalemuir
- Member, South Scotland, Regional Cluster Group
- Chair, Eskdale deer management group
- Member, steering groups reviewing FC grants and licences administration, and production of GIS standard for forestry.
Jamie Ribbens (Newton Stewart)
- Senior Fisheries Biologist with Galloway Fisheries Trust
- Member of Solway Tweed River Basin Management Plan Area Advisory Group
- Dumfries, North Solway Flood Risk Management Local Advisory Group,
- Controlling Invasives Restoring Biodiversity Steering Group,
- D and G Invasive Non-Native Species Working Group
- D and G Local Biodiversity Action Plan Steering Group.
Donald McPhillimy (Earlston)
- Forestry and Access Consultant
- Environmental Projects Officer with New Caledonian Woodlands
- Current member of National Forest Land Scheme Evaluation Panel
- Former member of Perth and Argyll RFF; Native Woodland Advisory Panel; Forestry for People Panel.
Neil Cowan (Dalbeattie)
- Purchasing Director at Taylormade Timber Ltd
- Member of Forestry expert on timber trade statistics and Timber transport group
Colin Kennedy (Castle Douglas)
- Associate Director Scottish woodlands Ltd.
- Fellow of Institute of Chartered Foresters (member since 1982-fellow since 2002).
- ConFor South Scotland Regional Chairman.
- On FC Reference panel for South Scotland for 10 year period.
- Member of Scottish Forestry and Timber Technologies Leadership Group since 2010.
Paul Mansbacher (Ayrshire)
- Ordinary member of the public with interest in the countryside
- Semi-retired bookkeeper - ex computer Field Service Engineer and Systems Manager
- Obtained Jagdschein while in Germany 1970-1983
- Honorary Treasurer British Deer Society South West Scotland Branch
Gordon Hunter (Stranraer)
- Justice of the Peace, south Strathclyde Dumfries and Galloway
- Director, Dumfries and Galloway Third Sector First
- Secretary, SSAFA (National Charity for Serving and Ex – Serving military personnel and families)
- Chair, Dumfries and Galloway Social Services Independent Complaints Review Panel
- Panel Practice Advisor Children’s Hearings Scotland
- Retire Police Superintendent Dumfries and Galloway Constabulary. (Previous chairman of Retired Police Officers Association Scotland)
- Previous Chairman of Barony Agricultural College, Dumfries
Andrew Wood (Dumfries)
- Farmer, Contractor delivering drainage and ground maintenance
- Dumfries and Galloway Councillor for Mid & Upper Nithsdale
- Director on Nith Catchment Fisheries Trust
- Consultant for Ayrnet Marketing Ltd
- Former, Director of Scotmas Ltd delivering water purification biocide and microbe technology
- Former, Director of Solway Heritage Trust
- Former, Director of Crichton Management Trust
- Former, NFU Chairman for Mid and Upper Nithsdale