Forests for People - the recreation framework
Forests for People, the recreation framework document, sets out our vision, priorities and focus for access, recreation and tourism on Scotland's National Forest Estate. It will prioritise work towards improving local health and well-being and local economic impact.
Key recreation themes
The framework focuses on six key recreation themes where work by the Forestry Commission Scotland will be directed:
- Accessible woodland close to communities
- Low key, well designed, high quality and welcoming facilities that fit with the natural environment
- Opportunities to learn about the natural and cultural heritage
- Robust locations for physical activity and adrenaline sports
- Iconic places that are part of Scotland's natural and cultural heritage
- Access through woodlands as part of daily journeys, longer distance routes or mountain access
The sustainable development of mountain biking in Scotland
This Strategic Framework was produced by public and voluntary agencies with an interest in mountain biking in Scotland to ensure that the country continues to take full advantage of the growth in the activity of mountain biking.