Scotland's National Forest Estate covers nearly 9% of Scotland and comprises forests, woodland and open ground. It's a national treasure and it's our privilege to be looking after it.
Forestry Commission Scotland advises and implements forestry policy to protect and expand Scotland's forests and to increase their value to society and the environment. Grants are available for planting trees and managing woodlands.
Strategy, policy and guidance
- Strategy, policy and guidance
- The Scottish Forestry Strategy
- Soil and water management
- Historic environment
- Native Woodland Survey of Scotland
- Woodland expansion
- Climate change and renewable energy
- Health strategy
- Education strategy and reports
- Working with communities
- The planning system
- Forests and art
- Procurement and tender opportunities