Scotland's National Forest Estate covers nearly 9% of Scotland and comprises forests, woodland and open ground. It's a national treasure and it's our privilege to be looking after it.
A new outdoor path that offers a gateway to the wildlife, scenery and history of the Trossachs has been opened.
Mull and Iona Community Trust applies to National Forest Land Scheme to buy plot in Ardmore Forest, Mull.
Forestry Commission Scotland advises and implements forestry policy to protect and expand Scotland's forests and to increase their value to society and the environment
Strategy, policy and guidance
- Strategy, policy and guidance
- The Scottish Forestry Strategy
- Our policies
- Soil and water management
- Historic environment
- Native Woodland Survey of Scotland
- Woodland expansion
- Climate change and renewable energy
- Our health strategy
- Our education strategy and reports
- Working with communities
- The planning system
- Forests and art